Josh.ai + ChatGPT: The Future of Intelligent Home Assistance
At Josh.ai, the mission has been to provide conversational and contextual AI throughout our living spaces. To date, Josh.ai has established itself as a foremost voice assistant in the smart home industry thanks to best-in-class device integrations while offering some personal assistant functionality like weather conditions, stock prices, math calculations, and more helpful information. While Josh.ai offers many features, the possibilities become even more limitless when exploring the potential of leveraging ChatGPT’s generative AI.
We are thrilled to be working on bringing the best of Josh.ai and ChatGPT together to create something truly remarkable — a solution where one plus one equals three. By combining our strengths, we envision delivering an AI experience that is beyond what any smart home is capable of. Potential use cases include:
- “Ok Josh, tell me a bedtime story” where Josh.ai + ChatGPT provides stories based on the location of the home and other factors unique to the family.
- “Hey Josh, what are some interesting nearby attractions?” which can be easily modified to focus on shopping, outdoor activities, the arts, or other parameters of interest to the user.
- “Ok Josh, can you help me understand [topic] at a 3rd grade level” in order to help learn and understand new topics.
- “Hey Josh, what are some public golf courses to try around Malibu?” where any activity in any location can customize a list, even adding variables such as “that are handicap accessible” or “that cost less than $25 per person.”
- “Ok Josh, the kids are coming in and it’s getting dark can you make sure the kitchen is ready for them?” where Josh.ai + ChatGPT can properly prepare the space.
The possibilities are endless, and there has never been a more significant moment in the evolution of smart homes and AI. Stay tuned and keep an eye on Josh.ai to witness this exciting opportunity unfold.
For fun, here are some use cases we’re exploring:
This article was written by Alex Capecelatro, co-founder and CEO of Josh.ai. Previously, Alex was a research scientist for NASA, Sandia National Lab, and the NRL. Before that, Alex worked at Fisker Automotive and founded At The Pool and Yeti. Alex has an engineering degree from UCLA, lives in LA, and likes to tweet about AI, Startups, and Design.
Josh.ai is an artificial intelligence agent for your home. If you’re interested in learning more, visit us at https://josh.ai.