DENVER — September 4, 2019 — Josh.ai, the fast-growing choice for voice and AI in the custom channel, has introduced new features at CEDIA 2019 designed to protect end-client user data and enhance user security. New partner integrations, including Ketra, Comcast, and Samsung, continue to extend Josh.ai’s vision of a natural and elegant control experience in the home.
“Our powerful intuitive interface and elegant experience have always been, and will continue to be, big selling points for Josh. With the rise of big tech AIs listening and gathering data, concern around data privacy has now become one of the biggest issues on clients’ minds. This has also become one of Josh’s greatest strengths, and a huge selling point for our integrators. Our continued focus on privacy, along with new exciting integrations and features, demonstrates our commitment to delivering exceptional experiences to the custom channel.”
— CEO Josh.ai, Alex Capecelatro.
Josh.ai Goes All — In With Data Privacy and User Security
With its emphasis on local processing, Josh.ai has always been a company focused on a secure user experience. The company does not gather data for marketing purposes, and will never sell data to third-parties for advertising; all the data that Josh.ai gathers is used to make the user experience better. That said, users have the option to disable all data gathering and / or delete specific logs if they choose. Josh.ai has also announced new features around permissioning, allowing clients and integrators to specify more granular user roles throughout the Josh environment.
New Josh Features — iOS TV Remote, Concise Mode
Josh takes one more big step forward into AV control with the announcement of a TV remote built directly into the iPhone and iPad apps. Clients will now be able to control their TV via the Josh UI thanks to a new update with the Josh app. New TV features in the app, such as channel control and source selection, offer the client a natural and intuitive touch experience for control.
Josh is also happy to announce a new feature called concise mode. When activated, Josh will respond with shorter (one-word) confirmations when controlling certain devices in the home. For example, if you’re in the living room and ask for the lights to go on, instead of the response, “Your living room lights are now on,” Josh will simply reply “Ok.”
New AV Integrations & Features — Comcast, Samsung
In addition to existing integrations such as Sony, Dish, and LG, Josh has partnered with Comcast and Samsung on new native control. The Comcast integration offers control of live TV using both voice and the Josh app. Clients can ask for channels by name or number, which, when combined with Josh’s ability to do compound commands, offers an unparalleled experience. For example, Josh clients with Comcast can now say, “OK Josh, stop the music, close the shades halfway, dim the lights, and watch ESPN.” Functionality also includes the ability to navigate the Comcast guide and menu, play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, and select television content. Josh also now integrates with Samsung IP TVs, offering the ability to toggle power, control volume, and change sources.
New Lighting Integration — Ketra
Josh.ai is announcing native integration with Lutron’s innovative Ketra lighting system. In addition to on / off commands and adjusting brightness, clients will be able to adjust the color temperature and the hue of the lights via voice commands or the Josh app.
Enhanced Integrations & Features — Crestron SIMPL Thermostats, Sonos Favorites
Josh.ai has also released enhanced functionality with established partners. While Josh was already controlling Pyng/OS 3 thermostats, a new module now allows integrators to program Crestron thermostats into Josh via SIMPL as well. Additionally, Josh now auto-discovers and controls favorites from Sonos, making it easier than ever to voice command or tap to run your pre-defined playlists.
Learn More About Josh at CEDIA 2019
- Visit Josh.ai at Booth #4319
- Josh Manufacturer Training | Josh.ai — Integrating Voice Control for Luxury Projects | Wednesday, September 11th | 3–4:30pm | Room 4C | 0.75 CEU Credits
- CEDIA Training | Integrating Custom Voice Control for the Whole Home | Wednesday, September 11th | 10:30–12pm | Room 110 | 1.5 CEU Credits
- Panel Discussion | Smart Home for Good: Technology Benefits at Every Stage of Life | Thursday, September 12th | 1–2pm | Room 712
- CEDIA Tech Talk | Designing with Tech | Saturday, September 14th | 11:30–12pm | Smart Stage
- Josh.ai & CET CEDIA Event | The 2019 Rocky Mountain Mixer | Friday, September 13th | 6pm | 1385 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80204
- CEDIA Innovation Valley| TechStarter Innovation Alley “Shark Tank” Discussion | Friday, September 13th | 12:15–1:15 p.m |SmartStage
- Global Caché Training | Get Connected with Emerging IoT Solutions | Thursday, September 12th | 2–3:30pm | Room 4E
- Talk at Luxul | The Dynamics of Voice Control and the Importance of the Network | Thursday, September 12th - 12pm | Friday, September 13th - 2pm| Luxul Booth #905
- Sound United Panel| Integrating 3rd Party with Voice Control | Thursday, September 12th — 12pm | Friday, September 13th — 2pm| Sound United Booth #3108
- Design + Connection Tour | Friday, September 13th 10:18 — 10:30am | Josh.ai Booth #4319
- To hear more about Josh.ai and see live demos, visit:
- Sonance Booth #2057
- Samsung Booth #1012
- Sony Booth #2513
- SeeLess Booth #3851
- Dish Booth #1707
- Wall Smart Booth #709
- Sonos Booth #513
- Comcast Booth #2820
- Yamaha Booth #2143
- Barco Booth #3030
Josh.ai is a Denver based company with offices in Colorado and California. It creates products and platforms that enable true natural interaction with technology in everyday life. Its flagship product, Josh.ai, uses cutting-edge proprietary technology to deliver a fun and easy-to-use home control experience. Josh Micro, the hardware, offers hands-free voice control in any room. For more information, visit www.josh.ai or email email@example.com.